Domestic Delivery Methods
Domestic Delivery Methods
Please Read: The winery will manage the shipping date and method for your order based on your location. Please use “Comments to the Winery” section to provide:
• A “must receive by” date, if you have one
• Your preferred delivery month(s).
• Dates when you are unavailable to receive your wine delivery.
• A preferred shipping method, if you have one.
You will receive an email confirmation when you place your order listing the default shipping method for your state. If necessary, the winery may change the shipping method to what is available for your specific zip code. This will be followed with an updated order confirmation.
The winery uses two different default shipping methods depending on your location, Vine Vault and UPS 2-Day. The cost is the same for either service.
Vine Vault, is a specialized wine-only delivery service that provides refrigerated, door-to-door transport and by-appointment delivery. While we absolutely trust this service to keep your wine in perfect condition, we do not recommend Vine Vault service if you have a tight delivery deadline.
Vine Vault is our default service in large portions of: AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, NC, NV, TN, TX, SC. However, the service is not available in all zip codes in these states. For areas not serviced by Vine Vault, our default carrier is UPS 2-Day.
Vine Vault service offers several advantages:
• Your wine is kept at cellar temperature for the entire time it is in their care.
• The handling is gentle, no Styrofoam packaging is required.
• The process is more eco-friendly as it uses less packaging and fuel than conventional air freight.
Vine Vault service does also have some disadvantages:
• It is slower. Depending on your location, delivery may take several weeks from the time your order leaves Napa.
• Your shipment is less trackable. Due to limitations in Vine Vault’s systems, it is not possible for you or the winery to follow its progress.
For areas not served by Vine Vault, our default carrier is UPS 2-Day. We also offer overnight and FedEx service on request. UPS is reliable and trackable. We ship predominantly on Mondays and Tuesdays for delivery Wednesday or Thursday. This service is not temperature controlled. Please select your shipping dates carefully to avoid periods when the weather is too hot or cold. The winery may adjust your shipping date based on weather considerations.
We strongly recommend shipping to a business where someone is available to sign for your package. This is less important with a Vine Vault shipment as the delivery will be by scheduled appointment.
All wine deliveries require a signature from an adult over 21 years of age.
We will respect all state quantity limits and may split your order into multiple shipments and/or stagger the delivery to remain legally compliant.
Please indicate in “Comments to the Winery” any dates when no one is available to accept and sign for the wine delivery.
Wine pick-up is available at our fulfillment warehouse located in south Napa. Due to storage restrictions, pickup at the winery is not available. Should you wish to pick-up, please note this in “Comments to the Winery” when placing your order. A packing fee of $12 per order will be charged on all pick-up orders. This adjustment will be made by the winery prior to charging the order.