Our priority is to uphold the quality of the wine by selecting the most appropriate shipping and delivery service available and being environmentally conscientious.
For more information on Domestic policies please, carefully review the following. For International members, we request that you review International Shipping Policies (below) to fully understand the process and fees associated with your orders.
Please contact us with additional questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-354-4459.
Domestic Shipping Overview
- Wine orders may be split into multiple shipments due to state laws regulating volume.
- Shipping fees are autogenerated by region and are unique to each carrier.
- Preferred ship date or carrier may be requested by members – enter in Comments to the Winery upon checkout.
- If there is no preference, regional carriers are auto-selected based on safeguarding the quality of the wine.
- The ship date may be delayed based on forecasted weather, during transit, or at the final delivery destination.
- All orders are shipped from temperature-controlled facilities in California.
- Deliveries are scheduled to arrive Tuesday through Friday.
- All wine deliveries require an adult signature, 21 years or older, upon delivery. Business addresses are preferred.
- The winery cannot be held accountable in the event of weather conditions that arise during transit or upon delivery.
- Please indicate in “Comments to the Winery” any dates when no one is available to accept and sign for the wine delivery.
- In limited areas of the following states our default shipper will be VineVault, a fine wine delivery company with refrigerated door-to-door service and “white glove” delivery: AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, LA, MD, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA. Outside these areas and based on your address, our default shipper will be FedEx or UPS 2-Day. Shipments within CA are sent UPS Ground. Please contact the winery directly if you have questions regarding delivery to your address.
- Due to storage restrictions, pickup at the winery is not available. Should you wish to pick up your order at our fulfillment warehouse, please add a note indicating your intent in Comments to Winery on the shipping page. There is a $25 packing fee.
The winery welcomes international orders and will work with you to ensure your wine is shipped safely. However, due to the legal and logistical complexities of shipping wine outside the US, the winery requires mailing list members to take an active role in the process. Once you have placed your order directly from the winery, you must contract separately with an appropriate shipping agent to handle both the logistics as well as all required customs documentation. You will need to provide a means of payment to your shipping agent. The winery is unable to do this on your behalf. Before entering into any agreement with a shipping agent, the winery recommends requesting a written quote for all shipping charges as well as any applicable duties, taxes, and associated fees.
The winery can accept international orders for shipment to most countries, excluding Mexico, Brazil, Chile, or any country where beverage alcohol is illegal. Please contact us directly if you are unsure about a particular destination.
The winery’s default shipping agent for most international orders is Connoisseur Wines USA Inc. If you specify a ship-to address outside the United States, our system will automatically flag your shipment for delivery by Connoisseur. Based on our partnership with Connoisseur, the winery will not charge you to deliver your wine to them. You are free to specify another shipping agent and provide their address as your ship-to address. In this case, our normal US shipping policies and charges will apply. Most of our international customers use Connoisseur and are pleased with their services. For information on the details and costs of shipping to your country, please contact Connoisseur directly at phone 516-805-8304 or email@example.com.
International Shipping Fees
Once delivered to Connoisseur or your chosen shipping agent, you are responsible for all additional shipping charges, as well as any applicable additional duties, taxes, or import fees applied by your customs office. Please expect to be billed separately by your shipping agent (Connoisseur or other) or the appropriate government agency for these charges.
Once delivered to Connoisseur or any US address of your choosing, the winery’s responsibility for the safe transit and condition of your wine is concluded. The title passes to you at this time and you and your shipping agent assume all risk and responsibility. You and your shipping agent are responsible for respecting all applicable US laws as well as all laws and regulations of the country into which you are importing the wine.